A Passion for PASRR: Perspectives from State PASRR Champions
A PDF copy of the presentation slides is available at the bottom of this page.
This webinar will initially highlight the regulatory language that defines the distinct responsibilities of the State Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Authorities. The webinar will then shift to a facilitated panel discussion with three State MH Authorities and three State ID Authorities that have demonstrated a passion for the role PASRR plays in supporting individuals with serious mental illness or an intellectual disability. The states will be selected based on a historical interface with PTAC that demonstrates a commitment to PASRR.
The panel will address a range of questions, likely to include:
• What motivated you to become a champion for PASRR?
• How has your PASRR program changed over the years?
• Have you linked your PASRR program to other state initiatives and are there benefits from that connection?
• How do keep your PASRR stakeholders engaged?
• Do you have goals for your PASRR program over the next several years?
Additional questions may be developed once the dialogue is opened with selected states.
• Review of State Mental Health Authority and Intellectual Disability Authority responsibilities
• Understanding of panelists’ experience commitment to PASRR is leading to overall program success in states
• Learning how panelists are connecting PASRR to other state initiatives
• Discussion of panelists’ experience with successful stakeholder engagement
Frank joined PTAC in 2011, bringing more than 32 years of experience in direct and administrative service within the Commonwealth of Virginia behavioral health and developmental services system. Since joining PTAC Frank has taken an active role in helping advance the understanding and implementation of specialized services and promoting collaboration amongst PASRR stakeholders.
Lila Starr (IA)
Sandyeva Martinez (NM)
Pavel Terpelets (MA)
Ruth Anne Barnard (PA)
Randy Nolen (PA)
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
There was no commercial support received for this CME activity.
Bibliographic Sources: Please see presentation slides
Copyright: All faculties in this activity have given their permission for publication.
© 2018 Mission Analytics Group, LLC