PASRR Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
This presentation will identify key changes to Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) requirements being proposed in the recently-released Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. PASRR is a statutory requirement that states screen all applicants to and residents of Medicaid-certified nursing homes for mental illness and intellectual disability and, when possible, divert or transition these individuals to community placements. The presentation will provide a basic overview of PASRR”s statutory requirements and highlight proposed regulatory changes that support community integration.
*Slides from this presentation will be available below for download.
This webinar will cover:
The major statutory PASRR requirements
Overview of proposed changes in the NPRM:
• Definitions of mental illness and intellectual disability
• Preadmission Screening requirements
• Resident Review requirements
• Specialized services and FFP
• The distinction between PASRR evaluations and NF level of care
• The identification and evaluation (Level I and Level II) process
• Annual reporting
• Implications for HCBS programs
• Implications for Survey & Certification
Anne Blackfield of CMS and Ed Kako from PTAC will be presenters for this webinar